OSHA has announced its list of most-frequently cited violations, and two categories that affect janitorial maintenance top the list.
Most Cited Violations of 2012
1. Fall Protection (29 CFR 1926.501) 7250 violations
2. Hazard Communication (29 CFR 1910.1200) 4696 violations (mainly due to lack of training, labelling fail, access to MSDSs and lacking correct MSDSs)
3. Scaffolding (29 CFR 1926.451) – 3018 violations (Big problem, people using scaffoldings as ladders and ladders as scaffolding, assuming one could work for the other.)
4. Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
5. Ladders (1926.1053)
6. Machine Guarding – General Requirement (29 CFR 1910.212)
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (29 CFR 1910.178)
8. Electrical – Wiring Methods (29 CFR 1910.305)
9. Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
10.Electrical – General (29 CFR 1910.303) 2863 violations
To help reduce slip and fall potential, and receive a free Entryway Mat Analysis for many businesses in Kansas or Western Missouri, just fill out the form in the left column. At a time of your convenience, a PUR-O-ZONE entryway specialist will help you review safety and mat effectiveness issues.
For help with Hazcom, PUR-O-ZONE educates custodians with programs on our training pages. If you are registered, sign in and click here for a presentation on Hazcom your custodians can study, and respond to a quiz. If you're not yet registered, call Bobbi at 800-727-7876 for immediate credentials to access our training materials.